Careers - Research and Development Manager
Apply For This Position
InsideSales.com is the market leader in the emerging sales acceleration market. Breakthrough innovations in cloud-based communications, gamification, predictive analytics and data visualization have helped make the company one of the hottest employers in the United States. In fact, Inc. Magazine recently recognized the company as the 5th fastest growing software company in the country.
We are looking for talented Software Engineers to develop the next-generation technologies for which we've become the industry leader. In addition to revolutionizing sales automation and lead management technologies, we use our world-class programming skills to innovate in a number of other areas as well. Our projects include working on cutting edge HA telephony systems, advanced information-retrieval algorithms, massive scalability and storage solutions, and large-scale applications that enrich the user experience. InsideSales.com provides extensive training, along with a rewarding career track, for those driven to succeed.
- Lead development teams implementing new solutions in product incubation phase.
- Ensure new products are implemented according to technical standards and expectations provided.
- Participate in product and feature design software developers.
- Drive innovation and manage technical projects.
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to team members.
- Assign areas of ownership, ensure engineers have clear priorities and resources to accomplish objectives.
- Maintain high morale and motivate software developers.
- Daily management of objectives, priorities, risk and performance management of all reporting staff.
- Participate in architecture discussions and planning.
- Communicate status, risks and mitigations accomplish on-time delivery of projects.
- Hire, close and retain talented software developers by creating a rewarding team environment.
- Advocate, document, and follow best design and development practices.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- 10+ years professional experience
- 7+ years managing teams of developers producing web-based applications
- PHP and Java or Ruby or Python or C#
- Apache HTTP Server
- SOAP, XML, WSDL
- REST, JSON, HTTP
- MVC: .NET or Spring or Rails
- Testing: PHPUnit or JUnit or Force.com
- Strong OOP experience
- Framework design
- Layered Architecture
- Agile and Agile Tools experience
- Deep understanding of software product development
- Experienced Agile project management
- Strong verbal and time management skills
- Experience having worked on a product release to enterprise business users
- Ability to motivate people to meet time and quality deliverable commitments
- Domain Driven Design
- HA Telephony systems
- Asterisk or Freeswitch
- ActiveMQ or Apollo or JMS
- FLEX or Flash or Adobe AIR
InsideSales.com offers competitive compensation, generous benefits including stock options, a matching 401(k) program, healthcare insurance and reimbursement accounts, as well as a gym membership and ongoing training & education programs.