What makes a successful executive? There are a lot of ways you can answer that. For me that’s asking 12 revealing questions that any executive should ask if they are wondering about their effectiveness.
Below are a summary of the questions that every executive should ask from my latest Forbes.com article:
- Are you still relevant? How is your company doing? Is it experiencing a growth trend or going the other way?
- What is your why? Do you know the purpose for what you are doing?
- Are you leading or managing? So, are you a leader or a manager?
- Are you great, or just good? What level or excellence have you accomplished?
- Are you taking care of your people? They are, after all, more important than your customer. Keep them taken care of, they are your success.
- Are you growing your people? What type of training opportunities are you providing for your company?
- Is your team aligned? Make sure they are pointed in the right direction.
- Have you listened to your customers today? Find out what they want and deliver.
- How likely are your customers to refer others? Have you asked Fred Reichheld’s “Ultimate Question?“ On a scale of 0 to 10, how likely are your customers to refer your company to their friends and industry colleagues?”
- Do you have enough quality leads? Are you following ANUM?
- Do you have enough sales people? Once you have the quality leads ask yourself this one.
- Are you learning from mistakes? Are you learning from or repeating your mistakes?
For a more detailed article providing further examples , read the article on Forbes.com here:
Please take a moment and comment on the article. I’m interested in what you have to say and think – let’s have a discussion over on Forbes.
Please also ‘+Follow’ me on Forbes.com to receive updates of my latest posts targeted at sales, marketing and entrepreneurs. If you have a topic in mind that you would like me to address on Forbes.com, email me at kk (at) www.insidesales.com.