XANT Research Shows European Sales Teams Spend 300% More on Sales Acceleration Technology than do North American Companies
LONDON, UK – May 21, 2015 XANT XANT, the leading cloud-based sales acceleration technology company, today announced from their Research Department that European sales teams are spending nearly 300% more per rep on sales acceleration technology than do North American companies. This was highlighted in preliminary results from the first-ever European Sales Acceleration Technology Market Size Study. “European sales leaders are investing more aggressively in technology than their North American counterparts,” said Lindsey Armstrong, senior vice president of international strategy at XANT. “These figures clarify the emerging growth of inside sales and data-driven selling in the European market. More companies are realising that predictive analytics is about maximising the data you have available to be more effective in every aspect of business.” Preliminary highlights of the Market Size Study include:
- European sales teams spend 300% more than North American teams on sales acceleration technology at £4,228 per rep each year compared with £1,463 ($2,280 USD).
- European sales hiring is picking up, forecasting 24% headcount growth from 2015 to 2016.
- European sales hiring has lagged behind North American at a 15% vs 40% growth rate from 2014 to 2015.
- European sales hiring growth rate will match North American rates by 2017.
- European inside sales teams are growing 150% faster than the field teams at 25% vs 10% by the end of 2015.
- 60% of European sales leaders said their company is spending just the right amount on sales acceleration technology, while 40% said their company was not spending enough. These results mapped closely to the sentiment in North America, where 58% reported spending as just right, 36% indicated it was too low, and 6% said it was too high.
This year’s European study follows the 2014 Sales Acceleration Technology Market Size Study, which established the market size at £8.2 billion ($12.8 billion USD) in North America in 2014 and projected it to grow to more than £19.3 billion ($30 billion USD) by 2017. Key Players in the Sales Acceleration Technology Category The sales acceleration technology category bridges the gap between marketing automation, with well-known players like Marketo and Eloqua, and CRM, with leading providers like Salesforce and Microsoft Dynamics. The following solution types make up the sales acceleration technology category: data visualisation/business intelligence, sales recruiting, sales training, sales compensation, gamification, data/list services, sales intelligence, voice, video, email, chat, social, texting, sales presentation, sales quote and proposal, contracts, and predictive analytics. Research Methodology XANT collected research data from a survey of sales leaders across Europe during May 2015. The results included here represent preliminary findings. The research for this study is ongoing. Sales leaders who participate in the study will receive a complimentary copy of the full report benchmarking which sales technologies have the best ROI and how your use of sales technology compares to your industry. Take the survey here.
XANT offers the industry’s leading sales acceleration platform built on Neuralytics®, a predictive and prescriptive self-learning engine that drives revenue growth by delivering an optimized experience for both salesperson and buyer. The platform fuels sales rep performance and provides buyer personalization with breakthrough innovations in predictive sales communications, gamification and hiring. XANT has received numerous accolades for its technology and has been named as one of the fastest growing companies by Inc. XANT enterprise customers include Microsoft, Groupon and Marketo.
Leo Dirr firstname.lastname@example.org