The panel included:
- Melisa Margraves, EAM Manager, HP
- Ron Mifsud, Account Executive, FinancialForce.com
- Kirsten Schaub, Senior Account Executive, Healthcare and Life Sciences, DocuSign
- Cody Stine, VP Inside Sales, SolarCity
Thanks to Liz Templeton, one of our sales operation managers, we’re able to bring you a few highlights from the session.
- From a sales ops perspective, make sure you’re using automated and workflow rules within Salesforce.
- Check that you’re allocating the right time for specific tasks.
- Don’t forget to leverage the tools available on the AppExchange.
Building pipeline in new prospects
- Develop meticulous time-blocking skills.
- Understand your sales stages and forecast categories.
- Always make sure you’re leveraging your inside sales and business development teams.
Maximize revenue with existing customers
- Be very specific with your email campaigns.
- Land and expand, breaking new ground in existing accounts and leveraging your inside sales team.
- Get to know your customer on a deeper level and work to truly understand competitors. Understand how do they run their annual reports, talk about their business outcomes, and learn their long-term visions.
Keeping your sales team engaged
- Be a Chatter fanatic. Use Chat on opportunities and accounts, when you need to contact legal to send an MSA, and when you need to get in touch with your customer success team if there is a customer issue.
- Use dashboards to track metrics, announce wins and monitor if there is NO activity on an account.
We’d love to hear about your Dreamforce experiences. Join the conversation by following the hashtag #DF15Top10.
Featured image credit: Kerry Lannert